Why Boys’ Brigade & the John Symonds Trust?
- The simple answer is that the leaders have a background in BB- as you can see from our initial host site here at 2nd Reading BB, and hold all relevant qualifications enabling us to run a group under the safeguarding, insurance & training standards provided by the BB. This means that every member will effectively be joining BB
- The longer reason is that we believe that the principles on which BB is based provides successful ministries of this type. In other words; BB done well, works well, and makes a long-term difference in the lives of those who take part.
- Hence as our experience is with working with boys and young men, that will initially be our focus. If Conne8t takes off then we can look to include girls and young women. Whether they run as single sex or mixed groups of 8 is a question for the future.
- Partnering with the John Symonds Trust enables us to increase the potential catchment from an individual church (which is the traditional BB model) to the whole of the Reading area.
- Click the Back arrow to get back to Conne8t for 2021